· Held meeting for tenants with city officials to stop all night pile-driving and jack-hammering on Howard Street (2013).
· Notified tenant community about owners' plans (later dropped) to convert all apartments to condos in 2005. Worked closely with City Hall to ensure appropriate protections for BMR tenants.
· Management's requirement for expensive renters' insurance was dropped after we raised the issue.
· Successfully brought about rent rebates and limits on rent increases for BMR tenants. Many tenants received rent rebates totaling nearly $1000. One official said Rincon residents were probably the only tenants "west of the Mississippi" to be getting their rents reduced at that time (1997).
· Initiated flow of information to tenants about new ownership, management, and changes to the BMR program, 1999-2014
· Stopped city trenching work around Rincon Center at night
· Supported successful effort to add the west-bound bicycle lane to Howard Street.
· Led successful effort opposing 15-foot-high floodlit sign on Gap building
· Continually review city construction projects, inform tenants, and work to improve them (Muni Motel, Rincon Park, Gap Building, 75 Howard, etc.)
· Brought about annual audits of the BMR Program by the city that bring about rent reductions
· Went to bat for tenants assaulted by noise from Harry Denton's night club on Steuart Street (now resolved)
· Worked with previous Rincon management team on building issues such as leaking windows, bike racks, security issues, building maintenance, laundry room problems, window washing, 1996-2014 (See Rincon Living)